GInsure Online Shopping Protect is an exclusive GCash product that insures eligible items due to unforeseen circumstances such as the items getting accidentally damaged, stolen, not delivered, damaged during transit or if the item is delivered but not described by the seller.
For a premium of only PHP 34.00, this product gives you up to PHP 20,000.00 in total coverage for all eligible items you purchased via GCash Pay Online within 30 days from the date you enrolled to Online Shopping Protect. Eligible items are protected for 60 days from the date you purchased each item.
GInsure Online Shopping Protect Group Policy is underwritten by our insurance partner, Insurance Company of North America, a Chubb company (“Chubb”).
Requirements to purchase GInsure Online Shopping Protect
You can avail of this product if you are:
- At least 18-80 years old
- A Filipino citizen residing in the Philippines at the time of application
- A Fully Verified GCash user
How much is the premium and how long is my cover?
The premium for every enrolment to Online Shopping Protect is PHP 34. Once enrolled, all eligible items you purchase within a 30-day period starting from the date of your enrollment to Online Shopping Protect are covered for 60 days from the date of purchase of each item.
What are the eligible items under GInsure Online Shopping Protect?
Eligible items have a minimum purchase value of PHP250.00 and are:
- New and has not been used when purchased;
- Not counterfeit or fake goods;
- Not perishable goods;
- Not stocks, shares, bonds, currencies or digital assets;
- Not confiscated or illegally declared by any government, customs or public body;
- Not animals, livestock or living plants;
- Not jewelry over PHP5,000.00, watches over PHP5,000.00, precious metals/gemstones, firearms, art, antiques or Collectible items;
- Not electronic items and equipment over PHP10,000.00, including but not limited to, personal stereos, computers/laptops or computer-related equipment (and software), and mobile phones and their accessories;
- Not cash or its equivalent, traveller’s cheques or tickets;
- Not classified as real estate;
- Not motor vehicles, motorcycles/scooters, watercraft or aircraft and any equipment and/or parts necessary for their operation;
- Not subscription-based where Insured is paying a monthly fee for the services such as but not limited to Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, learning services, cleaning services, and the like; or
- Not concert tickets.
Purchase GInsure Online Shopping Protect
How do I enroll in GInsure Online Shopping Protect?
You can enroll in GInsure Online Shopping Protect when you pay for an item you are buying online via GCash Pay Online. You will see the enrollment tick box and product description in the GCash cashier page when you opt for GCash as payment method. Upon successful enrolment, you will receive an SMS confirmation from GCash and your Confirmation of Cover via your GCash registered email.
How do I know if my item is covered under GInsure Online Shopping Protect?
Your item is covered under GInsure Online Shopping Protect if:
- You purchased the item within the eligibility period (30 days beginning on the date you enrolled in Online Shopping Protect)
- The item costs at least PHP 250.00 and is included on the list of eligible items in the Online Shopping Protect Group Policy, and
- The incident you will file a claim for occurred within 60 days from the date you purchased the item.
How do I know when my Online Shopping Protect is active?
If you have already enrolled and are within the 30-day covered purchase period, succeeding online purchases via GCash payment will have the active protection status tag displayed.
How do I file a claim for GInsure Online Shopping Protect?
In order to file a claim you may:
1. Visit the Chubb Claims Service Portal and follow the steps indicated;
- Call the Chubb hotline at (02) 775-6541, Mondays to Fridays from 8:30am - 5:30pm; or
- Email onlinepurchaseprotection @chubb.com to file a claim
Note: You can claim any number of times as long as you are within the maximum benefit amount of PHP20,000.00 in total within the period of insurance.
Important Guidelines for Filing Claims
|If the item you are claiming for was not delivered, delivered but not as described, or damaged during transit:||You must first contact the Seller to address the issue and get an update on the delivery status or file a dispute/refund request. If you are still not satisfied by the Seller’s response and you have not been offered a refund within 60 days from the date you purchased the item, then you have 30 days from this point to report the claim to our insurance partner, Chubb.|
|If the item you are claiming for was accidentally damaged:||You must report the claim to our insurance partner, Chubb, as soon as you can and within 7 days the incident happened. In your claim form, you must disclose the reason leading to the incident. In some cases, you may be asked to get a quotation from an authorized repairer and have your item repaired.|
|If the item you are claiming for was stolen:||You must report it to the police or relevant authority within forty-eight (48) hours of the incident and get a police report. You must report the claim to our insurance partner, Chubb, as soon as you can and within 7 days the incident happened. In your claim form, you must disclose the reason leading to the incident.|
What documents do I need to submit to file a claim for GInsure Online Shopping Protect?
- Completed Claim Form
- Any valid proof of purchase from GCash (screenshot of GCash transaction receipt or SMS) showing purchase transaction date and transaction amount
- Copy of invoice/ receipt showing details of the item
- Copy of police report (for stolen items)
- Photo showing damage (for accidentally damaged items)
- Copy of repair invoice (for accidentally damaged items that fall within the category of Electronic Goods above PHP5,000.00)
- Actual damaged item (in some cases upon request of the Insurer)
How long will the claims process take?
Chubb will get back to you within 3 working days with the claims decision from the time you submitted your complete set of required documents. Once your claim is approved, it will take 5-7 business days for the funds to be credited to your bank account or for a check to be available.
Can I cancel my Online Shopping Protect and receive a refund of the premium?
Yes. You can cancel your Online Shopping Protect coverage within seven (7) calendar days from the date of enrolment. The premium will be refunded to your GCash wallet within 72 hours Beyond the said 7-day period, cancellation is no longer allowed and the insurance will continue to be effective (no premium refund).
How do I cancel my GInsure Online Shopping Protect?
You may cancel your GInsure Online Shopping Protect by following the steps below:
Step 1: Submit a ticket
Step 2: Input your GCash registered full name, email address,and mobile number
Step 3: Select Pay Online > Online Shopping Protect
Step 4: Select which refund scenario applies to you
Step 5: Provide all the details to assist you with the cancellation of your policy. Attach screenshots and supporting documents.
Step 6: Tap Submit
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all my Pay Online transactions eligible for Online Shopping Protect?
GCash is rolling out GInsure Online Shopping Protect to select Pay Online transactions. Eligible transactions will contain the tick box where you can enroll in the insurance. Once enrolled, your items are eligible as long as they are covered by policy provisions.
Who can I contact if I have more questions about my GCash Online Shopping Protect policy?
For inquiries related to GInsure Online Shopping Protect Group Policy, please get in touch with Chubb at this hotline: (02) 775 65410, available on Mondays to Fridays from 8:30am to 5:30pm. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why can’t I find GInsure Online Shopping Protect when I use GCash Pay Online?
Online Shopping Protect is for eligible GCash users under select GCash Pay Online merchants.
- To be eligible, you must be between 18 and 80 years old and a fully-verified GCash User residing in the Philippines.
- The GInsure Online Shopping Protect will only appear in select GCash Pay Online Merchants.
- You must have no active GInsure Online Shopping Protect Policy at the time of your transaction (offer will no longer be visible to those with an active policy)
- User must select GCash Balance as Payment Method (Product currently not available for GGives, GCredit & Voucher)