Never share your GCash MPIN or OTP (authentication code) with anyone. GCash or its representatives will never ask for your personal information unless you request help through the GCash Help Center.
Phishing is when personal information or data is stolen from you to access your account to steal money or make transactions without your knowledge.
Spot and avoid common types of phishing
Tips to spot and avoid phishing links, emails, or SMS/smishing
- Check the sender before clicking on links sent to you
- Never give your personal information, such as your birthday, address, mobile number, username, or password
- Ensure that the sender's name and details come from the official accounts of GCash
If you have received a phishing email or SMS, block the email address or number, then click here to report the account or link to us and we will try to take it down as soon as we can.
- Pretending to assist you with your concern,
- Creating a fake GCash promo, or
- Pretending to assist you in verifying your account for a certain fee.
Tips to spot and avoid Fake GCash representatives
- Do not respond to any "GCash support representatives" messaging you via private message. GCash does not entertain questions via private message.
- If there are promos that are being mentioned, check the Official Promos Page to know about our ongoing promos.
- Never post your concerns on social media.
- Don’t buy or sell Fully Verified GCash accounts. Verify your own account only via the GCash app.
- Please refer to and follow our Official GCash channels
Report unrecognized transactions
Learn more about the Customer Protect Program, which covers you if unauthorized transactions are made from your account.
When you notice an item in your transaction history that you cannot recognize, follow these steps:
- Check your Transaction History and GCash app inbox to review the transaction details (merchant, amount)
- Check your subscriptions to social media accounts or e-commerce platforms (i.e. App Store, Google Play, Netflix, Spotify)
- Check your GCash-registered email
- Change your MPIN or temporarily lock your GCash Card
If you are not sure of a certain transaction in your account, please click here to file a report within 15 days of the unauthorized transaction on the app and 24 hours if your card(s) were included.