GForest is an interactive climate tech platform where you can help rebuild the Philippine forests and take part in addressing climate change by switching to digital transactions to reduce your carbon footprint.
For every digital tree you plant in-app, GCash and its local partners will plant actual trees for you in strategic sites across the Philippines. Since 2019, GForest has planted over 2.5 million actual trees with its partners.
To get started, open your GCash app and tap GForest.
Earn green energy points
Reduce your carbon emissions by performing digital transactions. You earn green energy points when you successfully complete transactions via GCash.
Link steps with GForest
To link your steps with GForest, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Apps > Manage Apps
- Tap GCash
- Select App Permissions
- Allow Physical Activity
- Go to Settings
- Tap Health
- Select GCash
- Enable Steps
Collect green energy points
Note: Green energy points are available within 24 hours after your transaction.
You can collect green energy by following the steps below:
- Go to GForest
- Tap the floating energy bubbles on your GForest homepage
- You can also collect green energy from your friends by tapping on their names in the GForest dashboard
At the moment, you are not allowed to unfriend your current GForest friends. If you are concerned about friends stealing green energy, make sure to check GForest 24 hours after your transaction.
There is no fixed time for the energy bubbles to appear, but we encourage checking every 6:00 AM-7:00 AM and 11:00 PM-12:00 MN. However, collect the energy as soon as possible since uncollected energy bubbles will disappear after 72 hours.
Plant a tree
Collect enough green energy points to plant a tree with GForest. To check areas where trees will be planted with our partners, tap Locations on the GForest home page.
To learn how to plant a tree with GForest, follow the steps below:
Details of the certificate include the certificate number and the type of tree. The certificate will be updated with a stamp to confirm once the seedling has been planted in one of our planting sites.
GForest partners include:
- Kabang Kalikasan ng Pilipinas Foundation, Inc (WWF-Philippines)
- Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc (RAFI)
- Ayala Land Inc (ALI)
- Friends of Hope Inc (HOPE)
- Century Pacific Food Inc (Century)
- Philippine Coffee Board Inc.
- Culion Foundation
The partner foundations will directly work with local farming communities to plant the seedlings and monitor their progress.
Need more help?
If you didn't receive energy points after a transaction, please check the following:
- Verify if your transaction was successful by checking your Transaction History or GCash App Inbox
- Please wait for 24 hours after the transaction for the energy points to reflect
- If you haven't received your energy 24 hours after the transaction, click here to file a report