An in-app selfie is required to verify your GCash account. You cannot verify your account until you have submitted an in-app selfie whether you sent the request inside the app or through a manual verification request. Both require an in-app selfie. Your selfie is important because it is a form of identity verification and it's main purpose is to help protect you and your account.
I don't have a manual verification request. How do I submit a selfie?
Check our guide here: How do I get fully verified?
I have a manual verification request. How do I submit a selfie?
1. Click the "verify" button in the Account Profile section.
2. Select "GOCC" type of ID if your ID presented is not on the list of selection.
3. Accomplish all fields and requirements then click submit.
4. Wait for the notification SMS if your application is successfully verified.
5. If your application is rejected, reply to your existing ticket to confirm that you have completed the in-app selfie verification.
Your application was rejected because the app currently doesn't support submission of student IDs, thus manual verification is necessary. However, the in-app selfie verification is a requirement in manual verification. Once you receive a rejection confirmation, open your existing ticket request and confirm that you have completed the in-app selfie verification. A GCash representative will then process your request and confirm that you have been fully-verified.