Feeder Funds Restrictions for US Persons
Please be informed that US Persons are restricted from investing in the feeder funds on GInvest, specifically the ATRAM Global Tech Feeder Fund (GTEC) and ATRAM Consumer Trends Feeder Fund (CTRP). New Buy Orders made by US Persons for these funds will be cancelled starting May 17, 2021.
The restriction is in accordance with the Appendix of the Declaration of Trust for the said funds, which disqualifies US persons from investing in the funds. This rule has been recently reflected in the GInvest Terms and Conditions. We apologize that these restrictions were not highlighted to you sooner, and for any inconvenience caused to you.
If you have investment balances remaining in the GTEC and/or CTRP funds, please place a Sell Order to redeem your full balances. US Persons' balances left invested in the feeder funds will still be accessible for Selling only via the GCash App.
For more information: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who qualifies as a US Person?
For this purpose, U.S. persons shall mean:
- a U.S. citizen
- any natural person resident in the United States;
- any partnership or corporation organized or incorporated under the laws of the United States;
- any estate of which any executor or administrator is a U.S. person:
- any trust of which any trustee is a U.S. person;
- any agency or branch of a foreign entity located in the U.S.;
- any non-discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary for the benefit or account of a U.S. person
- any partnership or corporation if (i) organized or incorporated under the laws of any foreign jurisdiction; and (ii) formed by a U.S. person principally for the purpose of investing in securities not registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), unless it is organized or incorporated, and owned by accredited investors (as defined in Rule 501 (a) of the Securities Act) who are not natural persons, estates or trusts.
What if I am a dual citizen?
Dual citizens that qualify as a US Person are subject to the same rules and restrictions from investing in global funds.
How do I sell my investments in the feeder funds?
To place a Sell Order, follow the instructions here.
Why are US Persons not allowed to invest in the Global Feeder Funds on GInvest?
For taxation and compliance purposes, US Persons are subject to disclosure requirements to both the US Securities and Exchange Commission and the Internal Revenue Service on investments outside the US. Due to the intricacies of these requirements, global funds outside the US have ultimately disallowed US persons as the ultimate beneficial owner. As ATRAM Global Feeder Funds invest in these global funds outside the US, the funds are bound to the same restrictions.