Once your GCash account is linked as a payment method in the Google Play Store, you can use it to pay for any type of products and subscriptions.
Here are some important reminders before you link your GCash account to Google Pay.
- Payments are deducted automatically
For active subscriptions, Google will charge your GCash account automatically once due.
- Understand the all the Terms and Conditions
Know the details of Google Play’s terms of service, GCash and the app you are subscribing to or purchasing from.
- Be mindful of the trial period
Know the trial period and the start of actual payment. Please note that most apps will automatically charge the monthly subscription fee immediately after the trial period.
- Be mindful of the trial period and charging dates
Know the trial period and the start of actual payment. Be aware of the billing dates and check if renewals are automatically in place.
Linking via Google Play Store App
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Go to your Google Play Account (tap on your account icon on the top right corner).
- Select Payments and subscriptions > Payment methods > Link GCash.
- Tap Continue to be redirected to the GCash App.
Follow the steps below, under Complete the linking on the GCash App.
Linking via Google Play Store Website
- Open Google Play Store at play.google.com/store.
- Click on Payment methods.
You must sign in to your Google Account to continue.
- Click Add a payment method, then click Link GCash.
- Click Continue when a Link GCash pop-up appears.
- Another webpage will open, prompting you to scan the code.
Follow the steps on the pop up in order to continue.
Complete the linking on the GCash App
You will be redirected to the GCash App where you need to authorize the account linking.
- Log in to the GCash App.
- Tick the box to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
If you have GCredit, there will be an optional tick box for you to enable this for Google Play Store payments.
- Once done, tap Authorize.
- Enter your OTP.
- A confirmation of successful linking will be shown.
- An SMS notification will be sent to confirm the linking is successful.