Things just made more convenient with GCash! We can use our linked cards to pay for online purchases from merchants that accepts MasterCard and AMEX. Enjoy a wide a range of payment networks by simply selecting the applicable payment channel and enter your GCash MasterCard or AMEX virtual card number.
Should there be a need to dispute or refund a specific transaction, it would help to check for the following.
- Did our payment failed to post on merchant's end?
- Did the merchant failed to deliver the services or items?
- Are we simply cancelling our transaction?
- Were we charged twice?
- Did the merchant confirm that they would cancel or refund our payment?
Our payment networks (MasterCard and Visa) usually provides partner merchants 7 to 15 days to settle these transactions. It will help a lot if we can also reach out to the merchant directly to report or dispute our payment. This will prompt them ahead to not push for the settlement of transaction. GCash will closely monitor to ensure appropriate refunds are applied if merchants did not push to settle or cancelled these transaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why does GCash have to wait 7 to 15 days to determine if a transaction is valid for refund?
- Our payment networks are giving merchants time to consolidate and transmit their settlement as they also follow a certain cutoff
2. Why would there be a settlement when transaction already failed?
- Sometimes merchants may not be aware that a transaction has already failed thus settling it normally the way it should
3. What can I do while waiting for 7 to 15 days for the possible refund?
- It would help the cause if we can also report directly to the merchant prior to them settling the transaction. Merchants could possibly refrain from settling or cancel any settled transaction for refund which will reflect to GCash as non-settlement leading to refund
4. Do I need to log a ticket with GCash if I already reached out to the merchant?
- While we will be very happy to assist you in any means, for your convenience, there is no need to log for ticket or call GCash hotline within 7 to 15 days of your transaction especially if merchants already confirmed that transaction is cancelled
5. What happens if the merchant settled late? Will it still be valid?
- Any refund issued will be subjected to retrieval by GCash because any settlement honored by the payment networks is considered a valid transactions and will be billed to GCash as well
- Payment networks still allow merchants to settle late especially if with valid reason
6. What happens if item in dispute has been settled by merchant?
- Transaction is considered valid
- Should there be a need to pursue the dispute, it will be reviewed further and may be subjected to chargeback filing which will take as much as 45 days based on the timeline provided by our payment networks
- For AMEX, we currently have no chargeback option
7. What do I need to do during chargeback period?
- We may be asked to fill up a Dispute Form to authorize the chargeback process
8. What happens if merchant still maintains validity of the disputed transaction after filing a chargeback?
- It will be subjected to further review and may be file as an arbitration which may take another 45 days to resolve based on the timeline set by our payment networks
- For AMEX, we currently have no arbitration option