[for Taglish version]
Shop, swipe, and pay at any of the 35.9 million MasterCard merchants in 210 countries and 150 currencies with your GCash Mastercard! Withdraw from any affiliated Bancnet ATMs nationwide and MasterCard ATMs worldwide! Utilize funds instantly by simply linking your card to your GCash account.
Card Design and Features
Front side of the card
Back side of the card
Definition of Features:
1. EMV Chip
- Embedded microchip and associated technology designed to enable secure
payment at compatible ATM and point of sale (POS) terminals.
- The chip safely stores our account information and helps provide better protection against fraud when using the information stored in the chip and magnetic strip during card transaction
- EMV stands for Europay, Mastercard and Visa, the three companies which spearheaded the technical standards for implementing the chip payment technical technology
2. Card Number
- One of the most important features and is required when making purchases offline/online transactions.
- Note that the card number is different from Virtual Account Number which is an upcoming feature to which will serve as identifier of the card used for non-financial transactions and different from our GCash Account Number
- For our safety, keep card number secure and private. Don't type it into an email or take an image of it and do not share the card details with anyone other than to a secured channel
3. Card Expiry
- The date when the card expires and can no longer be used
- An SMS will be sent to the GCash mobile number linked to the card three (3) months before the card expires. We may order for a new card online or through any of our store partners
4. MasterCard Logo
- This signifies the affiliation between GCash and MasterCard which allows users to transact literally to any merchants around the world that carries the MasterCard Logo
5. GCash Contact Details
- Our on hand information on how to contact GCash
- It is recommended that we store the contact details on our phone for back up in case of card lost
6. Signature Strip
- The section where we sign in on the card for added security
- Some merchants may require signature on the card to compare with our valid IDs they may also be requesting to authenticate cardholder
7. MasterCard Hologram
- Another security feature of the card which helps merchant determine the authenticity of the card
8. CVV Code
- The 3-digit code validated during payment as security to ensure the one transacting is holding the card
9. Bancnet Log
- This signifies the affiliation between GCash and Bancnet which allows users to make cash withdrawals from any Bancnet supported ATMs using GCash MasterCard
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does a GCash MasterCard cost?
- GCash MasterCard is affordably at Php150 SRP when purchased in-store (off the shelf)
- Starting October 27, 2020, a Php65 delivery fee shall be included when purchasing GCash MasterCard via online or within the app which totals Php215
- It is important to note that in any delivery related concern resulting in dispute, only the Php150 will be subjected for refund.
2. How do I order or apply for GCash MasterCard?
- Online via GCash official website (https://www.gcash.com/mc-store/orders) with payments done via Pay Bills inside GCash App
- GCash App via Payment Solutions (ordering) and Pay Bills (payment)
- In-Store via selected partner merchants
- For more information on how to order, simply click https://help.gcash.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730834
3. How do I link my GCash MasterCard to my GCash account?
- Card linking can be done via GCash App and via USSD
- For more information on how to link your card, simply click https://help.gcash.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017460314-How-do-I-link-my-GCash-MasterCard-to-the-GCash-App-
4. How do I use my GCash MasterCard online?
- GCash MasterCard works just like any other debit card so long as the merchant is accepting MasterCard. Simply enter the details required when paying online (see sample cashier page below)
- Make sure your linked GCash account is sufficiently funded prior to payment
5. How do I use my GCash MasterCard for in-store purchase (offline)?
- Just handover your GCash MasterCard to the frontliner for payments
- Some POS terminal where the card will be swiped through may require you to enter your 4-digit MPIN
6. How do I unlink a GCash MasterCard from my GCash account?
- For now you would have to submit a ticket providing details of your request
- For more information on how to unlink, simply click https://help.gcash.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031454153-How-do-I-unlink-my-GCash-MasterCard-from-my-account-
7. Do I need to be fully verified in order to link a GCash MasterCard with my GCash account?
- Yes it will only be applicable on a fully verified account
- You may go through the verification process inside the GCash App
8. Do I need to activate a newly purchased GCash MasterCard?
- Yes, every order of card comes with an instruction on how to activate your card
9. What is a Virtual Account Number?
- This is part of an upcoming feature to assign a unique 12 digit number that will serve as an identifier of the card and strengthen card security
- More of this feature will be announced very soon
10. What are the ways to avoid being victimized by a fraudster?
- Do not communicate with anyone via Messenger or Twitter who would pretend to be GCash representatives. GCash doesn't respond on those social media messengers and would NEVER ask for any sensitive information especially MPIN, OTP, or card expiry and CVV for the security of customer's account
- Avoid clicking and providing sensitive information via phishing links fraudster may send through unauthorized SMS and email. Once again GCash will never ask for your MPIN, OTP, card expiry, card CVV, and any other sensitive information. Email message should carry the domain "mynt.xyz"
- Avoid buying from resellers of GCash MasterCard as cards may already be compromised prior to it being handed to you.