What can I do with the GCash MasterCard?
- Shop, swipe, and pay at any of the 35.9 million MasterCard merchants in 210 countries and 150 currencies with your GCash MasterCard
- Withdraw from any affiliated Bancnet ATMs nationwide and MasterCard ATMs worldwide
- Utilize funds instantly by simply linking your card to your GCash account
Self Service Features you can do within the GCash App
- Card Linking
- Locating VAN (Virtual Account Number)
- 6-Digit Card PIN Set
- 6-Digit Card PIN Reset
- Card Lock and Unlock
Card Design and Features
Front side of the card
Back side of the card
- Embedded microchip and associated technology designed to enable secure
payment at compatible ATM and point of sale (POS) terminals.
- The chip safely stores our account information and helps provide better protection against fraud when using the information stored in the chip and magnetic strip during card transaction
- EMV stands for Europay, Mastercard and Visa, the three companies which spearheaded the technical standards for implementing the chip payment technical technology
- For your safety, keep your card number secure and private.
- Don't type it into an email or take an image of it and do not share the card details with anyone other than to a secured channel.
- Note that the GCash MasterCard number is different from Virtual Account Number which is an upcoming feature to which will serve as identifier of the card used for non-financial transactions and different from our GCash Account Number
- The date when the card expires and can no longer be used
- An SMS will be sent to the GCash mobile number linked to the card three (3) months before the card expires. We may order for a new card online or through any of our store partners
- This signifies the affiliation between GCash and MasterCard which allows users to transact literally to any merchants around the world that carries the MasterCard Logo.
GCash Contact Details
- Our on hand information on how to contact GCash
- It is recommended that we store the contact details on our phone for back up in case of card lost
- The section where we sign in on the card for added security
- Some merchants may require signature on the card to compare with our valid IDs they may also be requesting to authenticate cardholder
- Another security feature of the card which helps merchant determine the authenticity of the card
- The 3-digit code validated during payment as security to ensure the one transacting is holding the card
- This signifies the affiliation between GCash and Bancnet which allows users to make cash withdrawals from any Bancnet supported ATMs using GCash MasterCard
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a GCash MasterCard cost and how do I order?
- You may refer to How do I order a GCash Mastercard article for details
- How do I use my GCash MasterCard online?
- GCash MasterCard works just like any other debit card so long as the merchant is accepting MasterCard. Simply enter the details required when paying online
- Make sure your linked GCash account is sufficiently funded prior to payment
- How do I use my GCash MasterCard for in-store purchase (offline)?
- Just handover your GCash MasterCard to the frontliner for payments
- Some POS terminal where the card will be swiped through may require you to enter your 4-digit MPIN
- Do I need to be fully verified in order to link a GCash MasterCard with my GCash account?
- Yes it will only be applicable on a fully verified account
- What is a Virtual Account Number?
- This is part of an upcoming feature to assign a unique 12 digit number that will serve as an identifier of the card and strengthen card security