Everything you need to know about the GCredit and CIMB Bank Partnership!
CIMB Bank, the most awarded all-digital bank in the Philippines, joins GCash as its official credit partner for GCredit starting March 26, 2021. This partnership will allow eligible GCredit customers to enjoy a higher credit limit and lower interest rates.
Starting March 26, GCash will be adopting CIMB Bank’s user eligibility requirements in order to provide a full-service credit experience to our customers. The GCash app and GCredit will both be available for updates on this day. Customers are encouraged to complete the account update and accept the new terms and conditions set by CIMB Bank Philippines to continue using GCredit for payments.
Starting May 25, 2021 (Extended), GCredit customers who do not meet the eligibility requirements or are unable to update their GCredit account will not be able to continue using GCredit as a payment option (Pay QR, Pay Bills and Online Payment), while repayments via Manage Credit are still available for use.
Here are the updated policies and customer eligibility requirements from CIMB Bank Philippines for you to continuously enjoy using GCredit for purchases:
1. Your GCash profile needs to be fully verified via the GCash app with complete information and ‘selfie’
2. User must be a Filipino National
3. User must be within the age of 21-70 years old only
4. User must have any of the acceptable IDs:
- Driver’s License
- Postal ID
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- Social Security System (SSS) ID
- Unified Multipurpose ID (UMID)
- Voter’s ID
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)/ Pag-Ibig ID
- PhilHealth ID
- Government Office ID and Government-Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCC) ID
5. You must meet the required GScore.
6. Email must be verified.
7. User has maintained a clean financial record across all CIMB products and did not commit any fraudulent/ irregular financial transactions in any CIMB product.
You may also visit the FAQs, to know more.