Upon opening, your GSave account will have a 12 month validity as set by CIMB Bank PH - this means that you need to upgrade your account within the 12 month validity period or your account will expire. You will still be able to withdraw any funds you’ve put into the account.
Follow these steps to avoid account expiration:
- Open the CIMB App and tap 'Link my GSave Account'
- Go to Product tab and Tap 'Apply for Product' and select 'Upgrade GSave Account'
- Fill in the necessary details and do the selfie check
- Make sure to use at least one of these valid IDs (Show the IDs)
(or its variants including Conductor’s License, Student Permit, Temporary Permit only when Driver’s License is not yet available)
National Professional ID Card
UMID (Unified Multi-purpose ID)
Voter’s (Comelec) ID Card
SSS ID (Social Security System)
- Upload your ID and complete the virtual verification
- Wait for the success screen to pop up and you're done
For more information please watch this video:
CIMB and GCash may also inform you if you need to update your information to avoid account expiry or closure. This may be sent via text message by GCash (through our handle: GCash) or by CIMB Bank PH.