BIR is one of many billers which are partnered with GCash. To pay for your taxes through GCash, just follow these easy steps:
Step 1. On the GCash App, select Pay Bills.
Step 2. Select the category of ‘Government’.
Step 3. Select ‘BIR’ to pay.
Step 4. Input all relevant biller details:
- Form Series (0600, 1600, 1700, 1800, 2000, 2200, 2500)
- Return Period
- Branch Code (add 00 first if you only have 3 branch code digits)
- Email Address
Step 5. Confirm payment details to proceed payment.
Step 6. Payment successful!
Make sure to save a screenshot of your payment by tapping the download button on the upper right corner of the screen. This will be kept in your phone's photo gallery, in case you need to check the details of your receipt.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When will my payment be posted?
Payment will be posted within the next 3 calendar days, especially for transactions made on weekends.
2. What’s the service charge for paying BIR?
Currently, the service is free of charge.
3. Is there a limit in the transaction amount?
There is a limit of Php 50,000 per transaction in Pay Bills. If you wish to pay more than this amount, you can split your transactions as long as the details are similar for proper posting to BIR. Please take note of your individual wallet limits as well.
4. Can I pay using my GCredit?
No, GCredit payments are not accepted for government billers.
5. What Form Series can I pay?
The following are accepted Form Series in GCash:
6. There is a prompt that branch code should be 5 digits. My branch code is only 3 digits, what do I do?
You may try inputting additional zeroes before your branch code.
7. How can I file my tax return after my payment?
After you've made your payment via GCash, you may now electronically file for your tax return through BIR's website (eFPS portal) through this link. Just make sure to encode the GCash Transaction ID when you file for a tax return.