How to Claim on the GCash App
1. Log in to the GCash App and tap on Cash In.
2. Under Remittance, select Western Union.
Enter the exact amount of remittance to be received, then enter the Reference Number. Knowing these details is essential in claiming your remittance. Western Union requires a 10-digit MTCN (Mobile Transfer Control Number).
Make sure to cash in immediately to claim your remittance, as your remittance's reference number might expire within 90 days.
3. There will be a confirmation page with the details of your cash-in transaction. Simply confirm, and the funds will be transferred to your account immediately. You'll also receive an SMS from 2882, which will serve as the receipt of your remittance.
Sending remittance directly to a GCash account
There are two ways to send your remittance: either by going to the location of a branch or through the Western Union website. Please note that the availability of services may vary per country.
Going to a Western Union branch
1. The Sender goes to a Western Union branch.
2. Fill out the send money form.
- The beneficiary name must match GCash-registered name
- The account number is the GCash-registered mobtel (in the appropriate 09XXXXXXXXX format)
3. Pay for the remittance (the amount to send and the transfer fee).
4. Once the transfer has been completed, take note of the MTCN reference number issued.
5. Notify your recipient of the MTCN reference number and the exact amount transferred.
Western Union Online
Go to the Western Union website and follow the steps under Send to a mobile wallet.
Both the Sender and Receiver will receive an SMS notification.