Paying for your Meralco bill online could be tricky. But with GCash, it should be a breeze so long as you key in the right details. Unlike other utility bills, Meralco requires the exact Meralco Reference Number (MRN) and Total Current Amount (down to the last cents) to be entered in order for payments to be accepted.
Important Meralco Advisory!
As of April 30, 2020, Meralco has started sending out previous unsent bills for March and April together with its current May billing statement. The delay in sending was due to the ongoing Enhanced Community Quarantine affecting their operations. As a customer, you should receive 3 billing statements which may arrive partially or altogether depending on the logistics. Given the delay in delivery of these billing statements, the March and April bills may already be past due and its corresponding Meralco Reference Numbers have already expired. It is very important we know the right account details to enter on your GCash App to ensure hassle free experience.
Your guide to paying your Meralco bills with GCash
Enter the unique Meralco Reference Number (MRN) of your current billing statement located at the bottom portion of the page
- Each billing statement will have a unique MRN. So only refer to the MRN of an updated / current billing statement
- Refrain from using MRN of past due statements as it may no longer be valid resulting in transaction rejection or posting concern
Enter the Total Current Amount (TCA) found on the middle left portion of the page (exact amount only including cents)
- Refrain from entering the Total Amount Due at the bottom right portion of the page as it may contain previous billing amount not matching the MRN assigned. If your current statement included previous unpaid bills, you will have to make a separate payment covering your previous bill's Total Current Amount and another one covering your current bill's Total Current Amount. (new MRN will have to be requested to pay your previous bill)
- Rounding off or changing any digit of the Total Current Amount (including cents) will also reject your payment since the MRN set by Meralco is programmed to detect only the exact amount generated by your current billing cycle
Where do I key in my MRN and Total Current Amount in the Meralco page of my GCash app?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use an MRN from my previous bill to pay my current bill?
No, you cannot. Aside from the fact your previous bill's MRN has already expired, each statement of account (SOA) is assigned a unique Meralco Reference Number that is associated with the current month's billing details and amount only. The MRN you see on a specific bill is unique and it changes each month. Therefore entering a previous or expired MRN regardless if paying your current or previous bill would result in transaction being rejected
I haven't receive my current billing statement, can I do an advance payment and just estimate the amount I wish to pay?
Unless you're able to obtain an updated MRN and Total Current Amount, estimating an amount to pay or making an advance payment may risk your transaction being rejected or incur any posting concern. As stated above, each statement of account (SOA) is assigned a unique Meralco Reference Number that is associated with the current month's billing details and amount only.
Can I just use my latest bill's MRN and pay the total amount due to cover pending previous bill?
Though with good intent to complete what's due, the MRN of your current bill does not cover previous billing cycle's amount incurred. You will need to use a separate updated MRN to cover the previous unpaid bill paying only that unpaid bill's Total Current Amount.
If I did not receive my previous bills or if my previous bill is already past due, how will I be able to obtain its Meralco Reference Number and Total Current Amount?
You may request for a manual generation of updated MRN to pay your previous bill's Total Current Amount with GCash through any of the following:
- By calling the Meralco Customer Hotline (16211)
- By sending an email to Meralco (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- By sending a message to Meralco's Facebook (Meralco) or Twitter (@Meralco) accounts
Note: New MRN expires after 13 days from date of issuance by Meralco support