Paying for your Meralco bill online could be tricky. But with GCash, it should be a breeze so long as you key in the right details. Unlike other utility bills, Meralco requires a unique Meralco Reference Number (MRN) and Total Current Amount (down to the last cents) to be entered in order for payments to be accepted.
Important Meralco Advisory!
For your June billing statement, keep in mind 2 options you have and what MRN to use when paying via GCash:
Option 1: Full payment
- Pay exactly the amount stated on your Total Current Amount (TCA) located at the left side of your June billing statement page
- Enter the Meralco Reference Number (MRN) located at the bottom of your June billing statement page
Option 2: Installment
- Refer to the Installment Payment Arrangement (IPA) page or letter sent by Meralco (Possibly attached to your billing statement or sent separately)
- Pay the specified amount stated on the IPA page or letter (exactly down to the last centavo)
- Enter the MRN specified on the IPA page or letter (not the one on billing statement)
- June billing statement covers the actual meter reading from March 2020 onwards less any payments you have made March 2020 onwards
- Installments could be 4 months or 6 months depending on your consumption. Meralco to state in the IPA letter / page
- IPA MRN may change each month so always check your Meralco billing statements and succeeding IPA letters for proper reference
- Please see further below on how to pay your bill and details about the IPA letter
Your guide to paying your Meralco bills with GCash
Enter the unique Meralco Reference Number (MRN) of your current billing statement located at the bottom portion of the page
- Each billing statement will have a unique MRN. So only refer to the MRN of an updated / current billing statement
- Refrain from using MRN of past due statements as it may no longer be valid resulting in transaction rejection or posting concern
Enter the Total Current Amount (TCA) found on the middle left portion of the page (exact amount only including cents)
- Refrain from entering the Total Amount Due at the bottom right portion of the page as it may contain previous billing amount not matching the MRN assigned.
- Rounding off or changing any digit of the Total Current Amount (including cents) will also reject your payment since the MRN set by Meralco is programmed to detect only the exact amount generated by your current billing cycle
Your guide in paying your Meralco bill via GCash App
Step 1: Select Pay Bills
Step 2: Select Electric Utilities
Step 3: Select Meralco
Step 4: Enter the unique MRN and correct Amount
- Always look for the unique MRN (Meralco Reference Number) for each payment
- Always pay the Total Current Amount (TCA) when paying for the full bill
- Refer to IPA page / letter's MRN and Amount when paying installment
Your guide to paying your monthly Installment Payment Arrangement (IPA)
Refer to the IPA Letter's MRN and monthly installment amount (IPA Amount).
Frequently Asked Questions
What billing copy should I expect to receive from Meralco this June 2020?
You should receive 2 letters from Meralco. One is for your June bill containing the Meralco Reference Number (MRN) and Total Current Amount (TCA) covering your consumption March 2020 onwards based on reading less any advance payment during this period. Second is the Installment Payment Arrangement (IPA) covering installment arrangements and amount.
What is IPA?
IPA or Installment Payment Arrangement is Meralco's way of helping out their consumers deal with any financial challenges encountered during Enhanced Community Quarantine, Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine, and General Community Quarantine. Consumers will have the option to settle their combined and any unpaid March to May bills gradually.
Can I just divide my total bill to 4 months or 6 months?
Please refer to the IPA letter or page for the amount and unique MRN
How do I pay my June bill via GCash?
You will have 2 options. Either you pay in full by referring to the TCA and MRN of the billing page or pay in partial based on the installment amount and unique MRN sent or attached to bill by Meralco on a separate letter or page via their IPA program.
If I wish to pay the full amount stated in the IPA letter, can I pay via GCash?
Yes, you may refer to the main billing statement page and pay the amount stated in Total Current Amount (TCA) using the unique Meralco Reference Number (MRN) located at the bottom of the billing page
Can I use an MRN from my previous bill to pay my current bill?
No, you cannot. Aside from the fact your previous bill's MRN has already expired, each statement of account (SOA) is assigned a unique Meralco Reference Number that is associated with the current month's billing details and amount only. The MRN you see on a specific bill is unique and it changes each month. Therefore entering a previous or expired MRN regardless if paying your current or previous bill would result in transaction being rejected
I haven't receive my current billing statement, can I do an advance payment and just estimate the amount I wish to pay?
Unless you're able to obtain an updated MRN and Total Current Amount, estimating an amount to pay or making an advance payment may risk your transaction being rejected or incur any posting concern. As stated above, each statement of account (SOA) is assigned a unique Meralco Reference Number that is associated with the current month's billing details and amount only.
Can I just use my latest bill's MRN and pay the total amount due to cover pending previous bill?
Though with good intent to complete what's due, the MRN of your current bill does not cover previous billing cycle's amount incurred. Should you wish to pay it in full, you may visit your nearest Meralco Business Center.