For the step-by-step process on how to Cash In from your UnionBank Account, please visit this page.
1. What requirements do I need to cash in to my GCash wallet from my UnionBank account?
If you wish to link and cash in from your UnionBank account, you must have:
- An existing and active GCash wallet that is fully verified
- An existing Peso-denominated savings and/or checking account with UnionBank
2. What are the transaction fees associated with the Service?
This service is free of charge for all GCash Users.
Questions on Linking
3. Can I link my UnionBank Account to GCash even if I’m not yet fully verified / KYC’d?
No, you should be fully verified to be able to link your UnionBank Account to GCash. To learn more on how to get verified, please visit this page.
4. I did not receive an OTP during account linking.
This may be due to any of the following:
- Your UnionBank-registered mobile number may not be updated. Please update your UnionBank-registered mobile number via UnionBank Online or visit your UnionBank branch.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
5. Can I link multiple UnionBank accounts?
No, each user can only link one UnionBank account to one GCash account at a time. If you wish to use a different account, you must first unlink the account you are currently using.
To learn more about unlinking accounts, kindly refer to the FAQ “How do I unlink my UnionBank Account?”
6. I am unable to link my UnionBank account (“Sorry, we are unable to process your request at the moment”):
Your UnionBank account may not be updated. Please check with your branch of account to ensure that your account is updated.
If you are still unable to link your account, please submit a ticket here with the following information:
- Mobile Number
- Date and Time of Transaction
- Screenshot of Error Prompt
- Photo of your Valid ID (Driver's License, Passport, etc.)
7. I get this message "Unable to log in via UnionBank "You have disabled Internet browser banking." what do I do?
Your mobile internet setting with UnionBank may have been disabled.
Open UnionBank App > Login.
Click more (3 dots).
Click Login and Security.
Click Enable Browser Banking.
Log in again.
Cash In Questions
8. What are the transaction limits for the service?
On the sending side (UnionBank), transaction limits are the following:
- Minimum Transaction Limit: Php 1 per transaction
On the receiving side (GCash), the following Cash In limits are observed:
- KYC’d GCash Account: Php 100,000 per month
- P3 Account: Php 500,000 per month
Additionally, newly registered GCash Users have a daily cash in limit of Php 10,000 from their linked UnionBank account. Keep using the app to increase the daily limit in as fast as 2 weeks.
9. My cash in transaction failed. What should I do?
Here are a few possible reasons why you are encountering cash in failure:
- Your linked UnionBank account does not have enough balance to complete the cash in transaction. Please make sure that your linked UnionBank account has sufficient funds at the time of Cash In.
- You have reached the allowable GCash Cash In limits or UnionBank transaction limits. Please refer to FAQ #8 to find out more about limits.
- You are a newly registered GCash user attempting to cash in more than PhP10,000.00 in a day. You may try cashing in lower amounts or wait to cash in again the following day. Please refer to FAQ #8 to find out more about limits.
- You are in a location with unstable internet connection. This Service requires stable internet connection in order to process your Cash In request.
- You did not enter the desired amount. Please make sure that you enter your desired amount before proceeding.
- You entered the wrong OTP. Please ensure that you enter the correct OTP within 3 attempts. Otherwise, you will be asked to wait 5 minutes to try again.
- You did not enter the correct OTP in the expected period of time. Please be mindful that expiration of OTP is 5 minutes.
If none of the above resolves your concern, kindly file a ticket in our Help Center and attach a screenshot of the error you are encountering for us to assist you further.
10. How fast is the fund transfer / cash in process?
Assuming stable internet connection, your funds should be debited from your linked UnionBank account and credited to your GCash account in real-time.
11. Can I cash in from my UnionBank account without linking it?
No. You must link a UnionBank account in order to be able to cash in.
12. My bank account got debited but the funds were not credited to my GCash wallet. What should I do?
Rest assured that the funds will be credited to your GCash account within the next two working days.
Should you not receive your funds after two working days, kindly file a ticket in our Help Center with the transaction details.
13. How do I unlink my UnionBank account?
- Open Profile Menu & Access My Linked Accounts
- Open cash in page & tap “Manage” on My Linked Accounts
- Choose UnionBank Account
- Tap Unlink
- If successful, a confirmation page will be displayed
14. I am unable to unlink my UnionBank account
You may have experienced unstable internet connection. Please try again after a few minutes.
If you are still unable to unlink your UnionBank account, please file a ticket in our Help Center and attach a screenshot of the error.
13. I have additional questions/concerns.
For GCash-related concerns, you may contact us via the following:
- Submit a ticket here with your name, mobile number, and concern
- Call our hotline at 2882 (Note: Due to the extended community quarantine, our operating hours are from 8am - 5pm)
Please be reminded that we are no longer using our via Facebook Messenger channel for customer service concerns. For your security, please do not entertain messages from anyone on Facebook Messenger pretending to be our customer support line. Any inquiries/concerns should be directed to the channels above only.
For concerns about your UnionBank account, you may reach out to UnionBank branch officers or contact them via the following:
- Metro Manila: (+632) 8841-8600
- Head Office Landline: (+632) 8667-6388
- PLDT domestic toll free: 1-800-1888-2277
- Email Address: customer.service@UnionBankph.com
IMPORTANT: Neither GCash nor UnionBank representatives will ask for your GCash MPIN, GCash Authentication Code, UnionBank Online password, or the UnionBank Authentication Code/OTP. Do NOT share these with anyone.