For the step-by-step process on how to Cash In from your UnionBank Account, please visit How do I cash in using my linked UnionBank account?.
1. What requirements do I need to cash in to my GCash wallet from my UnionBank account?
If you wish to link and cash in from your UnionBank account, you must have:
- An existing and active GCash wallet that is fully verified
- An existing Peso-denominated savings and/or checking account with UnionBank
2. What are the transaction fees associated with the Service?
This service is free of charge for all GCash Users.
Questions on Linking
3. Can I link my UnionBank Account to GCash even if I’m not Fully Verified?
No. You must be a Fully Verified user to link your Unionbank Account to GCash.
Visit How do I get Fully Verified? to learn more.
4. I did not receive an OTP during account linking.
This may be due to any of the following:
- Your UnionBank-registered mobile number may not be updated. Please update your UnionBank-registered mobile number via UnionBank Online or visit your UnionBank branch.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
5. Can I link multiple UnionBank accounts?
No, each user can only link one UnionBank account to one GCash account at a time. If you wish to link a different account, you must first unlink the account you are currently using.
6. I am unable to link my UnionBank account (“Sorry, we are unable to process your request at the moment”):
Your UnionBank account may not be updated. Please check with your branch of account to ensure that your account is updated.
If you are still unable to link your account, please submit a ticket here with the following information:
- Mobile Number
- Date and Time of Transaction
- Screenshot of Error Prompt
- Photo of your Valid ID (Driver's License, Passport, etc.)
7. I get this message "Unable to log in via UnionBank "You have disabled Internet browser banking." what do I do?
Your mobile internet setting with UnionBank may have been disabled.
You may follow these steps to enable browser banking,
- Open UnionBank App > Login.
- Click more (3 dots).
- Click Login and Security.
- Click Enable Browser Banking.
- Log in again.
Cash In Questions
8. What are the transaction limits for the service?
On the sending side (UnionBank), transaction limits are the following:
- Minimum Transaction Limit: Php 1 per transaction
On the receiving side (GCash), the following Cash In limits are observed:
- Fully Verified GCash Account GCash Account: Php 100,000 per month
- GCash Plus: Php 500,000 per month
To learn more, please visit “What are my Wallet and Transaction Limits?
9. Why did my Cash-in transaction fail?
Here are a few possible reasons why you are encountering cash in failure:
- Your linked UnionBank account does not have enough balance to complete the cash-in transaction. Please make sure that your linked UnionBank account has sufficient funds at the time of Cash In.
- You have reached the allowable GCash Cash In limits or UnionBank transaction limits. Please refer to FAQ #8 to find out more about limits.
- You are in a location with an unstable internet connection. This Service requires a stable internet connection in order to process your Cash In request.
- You did not enter the desired amount. Please make sure that you enter your desired amount before proceeding.
- You entered the wrong OTP. Please ensure that you enter the correct OTP within 3 attempts. Otherwise, you will be asked to wait 5 minutes to try again.
- You did not enter the correct OTP in the expected period of time. Please be mindful that the expiration of OTP is 5 minutes.
If none of the above resolves your concern, submit a ticket to our Help Center and attach a screenshot of the error you are encountering for us to assist you further.
10. How fast is the fund transfer / cash-in process?
Assuming a stable internet connection, your funds should be debited from your linked UnionBank account and credited to your GCash account in real time.
11. Can I Cash In from my UnionBank account without linking it?
No. You must link a UnionBank account in order to be able to cash in.
12. My bank account got debited but the funds were not credited to my GCash wallet. What should I do?
Rest assured that the funds will be credited to your GCash account within the next two working days.
Should you not receive your funds after two working days, submit a ticket to our Help Center with the transaction details.
13. How do I unlink my UnionBank account?
- Open Profile Menu & Access My Linked Accounts
- Open cash in page & tap Manage on My Linked Accounts
- Choose UnionBank Account
- Tap Unlink
- If successful, a confirmation page will be displayed
14. I am unable to unlink my UnionBank account
You may have experienced an unstable internet connection. Please try again after a few minutes.
If you are still unable to unlink your UnionBank account, please submit a ticket to our Help Center and attach a screenshot of the error.
15. I have additional questions/concerns.
For GCash-related concerns, you may contact us via the following:
- Submit a ticket with your name, mobile number, and concern
Please be reminded that we are no longer using our Facebook Messenger channel for customer service concerns. For your security, please do not entertain messages from anyone on Facebook Messenger pretending to be our customer support line. Any inquiries/concerns should be directed to the channels above only.
For concerns about your UnionBank account, you may reach out to UnionBank branch officers or contact them via the following:
- Metro Manila: (+632) 8841-8600
- Head Office Landline: (+632) 8667-6388
- PLDT domestic toll free: 1-800-1888-2277
- Email Address: customer.service@UnionBankph.com
IMPORTANT: Neither GCash nor UnionBank representatives will ask for your GCash MPIN, GCash Authentication Code, UnionBank Online password, or the UnionBank Authentication Code/OTP. Do NOT share these with anyone.