Upgrading your account lifts your PHP 50,000 aggregate annual deposit limit and 12-month account expiry. You may upgrade your account via the GCash App or the CIMB Bank PH App.
Should you choose the latter, this will also allow you to access and manage your savings account in the CIMB Bank PH App.
Note: Account upgrade will take effect after 2 business days.
Via the GCash App
1. Go to your GSave Dashboard and click on “Upgrade Now”
2. Fill out the form with the necessary information.
3. Once the form is submitted, you should receive a confirmation text message that your GSave account has been upgraded!
Via CIMB App
You can upgrade your account by following these steps:
1. Link your account to the CIMB Bank PH app
a. Download CIMB Bank PH App on Play Store or App Store
b. Login using your temporary login credentials sent via SMS
- Your temporary credentials will be sent to your phone when you open your GSave account. The username is your registered mobile number starting with 9, while the password is a system-generated secure password.
- If you did not receive any credentials, you may proceed with step 1 and tap the forgot? button below the password and follow steps there.
c. Fill in the required information including desired username & password
d. Key in the 6-digit OTP sent to your registered mobile number
e. Wait for the verification link sent to your registered email address
2. Once you’ve linked your savings account to the CIMB Bank PH app, log in the app.
3. Go to "Apply for Another Product" -> "Upgrade GSave Account"
4. Input required information
5. Perform Selfie Check (acceptable IDs: Passport, Driver's License, UMID, Voter's ID, Postal ID, TIN (latest format), SSS, and PRC)
6. Once the verification is successful, your GSave account will be upgraded!
Note: Failure to do so within 12 months will result in Save Money account expiration.
CIMB and GCash may also inform you if you need to update your information to avoid account expiry or closure. This may be sent via text message by GCash (through our handle: GCash) or by CIMB Bank PH.