1. Why can’t I make a successful purchase in the App Store using GCash?
The App Store or GCash could be experiencing downtime. You may try your purchase again at a later time. Another possible reason is that your GCash registered mobile number may have been tagged as potential exposure to risk due to recent account activities.
2. What do I do if my payments using my GCash Mastercard did not post and my GCash wallet was deducted?
You can submit a ticket via the GCash Help Center.
Note: Disputes under Mastercard will take a minimum of 7 business days to confirm merchant settlement (presentment). In case merchant settles, this may lead to chargeback handling which may initially take up to 45 days to process based on Mastercard guidelines.
3. For disputes related to non posting of payments using GCash app, to whom should we reach out to?
You may reach out to Apple Support for faster validation of purchases, order statuses and processing of refund if necessary.
You can also submit a ticket via the GCash Help Center.
4. I received an SMS from GCash confirming a charge from Google / Apple that I'm not familiar with, what does it mean?
This could pertain to any of your previous subscriptions or trials with auto-debit you may have made with Google Play Store or Apple Store.
If your GCash is linked to your Google / Apple account, it could serve as one of the payment channels that Google/Apple would automatically debit the payment from.
For disputes on unauthorized transactions you may log a ticket at the corresponding customer support channel of Google and Apple for faster review
5. Will linked GCash details be saved in our Apple Account for future purchases?
- Yes. Once linked, your GCash details will be made available for future purchases without having to go through the linking and authorization process.
6. If my Apple Account gets compromised, will the fraudster be able to make purchases using GCash?
Yes. GCash, like other payment methods you may have linked, is part of the channels your Apple Account takes funds from for payments. Please secure our Apple ID to avoid fraudsters from compromising your account.
You may also submit a ticket via the GCash Help Center to request for deactivation for account purchases in your Apple account that use your GCash.