You can now receive your Social Security System (SSS) benefits straight to your GCash account. Just enroll your GCash account using your My.SSS account.
Enrolling your GCash account
1. What do I need to be able to receive my SSS benefits in my GCash account?
You will need the following:
- A My.SSS account (visit www.sss.gov.ph for details)
- A GCash account (visit How can I create a GCash account? to learn more)
2. Does my GCash account have to be fully verified to receive SSS benefits?
No. You can receive SSS benefits even with a basic account. However, we strongly recommend having your GCash account fully verified (visit How do I get Fully Verified? to learn more).
Non-verified (basic) GCash accounts have lower wallet limits. Your SSS benefit payout may fail if the amount exceeds your GCash limits. Basic accounts also have limited access to features in the GCash app. To learn more, visit What are my Wallet and Transaction Limits?
3. How can I enroll my GCash account to receive my benefits from SSS?
This can be done via logging in to your My.SSS account at the SSS portal (www.sss.gov.ph). Step-by-Step instructions can be found in this link on the SSS Facebook page: Philippine Social Security System - SSS
4. What supporting document do I need to upload as part of the enrollment process on SSS’s website?
SSS requires a screenshot of your GCash account name and GCash-registered account number.
- Log in to your GCash account
- Tap ‘Profile’ on the bottom right corner of the app
- Take a screenshot using your device (refer to the sample screen below; your name, GCash mobile number, and account verification level must be displayed).
- Upload the screenshot as the supporting document.
5. How will I know if I successfully enrolled my GCash account as the receiving e-wallet for SSS benefits?
SSS will send you two (2) email notifications:
- 1st Email Notification: Confirmation that SSS has received your request to enroll your nominated GCash account.
- 2nd Email Notification: Indicates whether the application to enroll has been approved or disapproved.
6. How long is the approval process for enrolling my GCash account to SSS?
Approval times may vary. To help facilitate faster approval, ensure that you provide the correct account information, and upload the screenshot of your account as your supporting document (see FAQ #4).
7. How can I follow up the status of my enrollment / why was my enrollment not approved?
SSS advises members to wait for the email update from SSS on the account enrollment status. For urgent concerns, you may reach out to them via the SSS helpdesk email email@example.com or via phone at +63 2 81455.
Receiving your SSS claims via your GCash account
1. What type of SSS benefits can I apply for GCash crediting?
The following are eligible for crediting to your GCash account:
- Maternity (SEVM)
- Sickness (SEVM)
SSS loan proceeds are currently not eligible for crediting to e-wallets such as GCash.
Crediting of SSS benefits to GCash is only applicable to individual members (not available for employers).
2. How will I know if my benefit application has been approved?
You will receive an SMS notification from SSS to your SSS-registered mobile no.
3. When can I expect the funds to be credited to my GCash account?
Upon approval of your benefit application, kindly expect the funds to be disbursed within 5-7 banking days.
4. How will I know that funds have been credited to my GCash account?
You will receive an SMS notification from SSS that the funds have been processed for sending to your nominated GCash account. Upon receipt of this SMS, your funds should be credited to your GCash account within 1 to 2 banking days, following PESONet’s standard processing times.
You will also receive an SMS notification from GCash once the funds have been credited successfully to your GCash account.
5. Why did I receive a notification that my benefits could not be credited to my enrolled GCash account?
Check that the amount you are expecting to receive will not cause you to exceed your GCash limits. To learn more about your limits, visit What are my Wallet and Transaction Limits?
In this case, rest assured that your funds are safe, and will automatically be returned to SSS within 1 to 2 banking days.
6. It’s been 7 banking days since my application was approved, but I haven’t received any notification on the crediting of my benefits.
Double check your GCash balance and transaction history to see whether the funds you are expecting have been credited.
If you still have not received your proceeds the following banking day, you may contact SSS (see FAQ #7 below for details).
7. I have other questions/concerns.
For other questions related to My.SSS, the enrollment process, or on the status of your claims/benefits, you may contact SSS via the SSS helpdesk email firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at +63 2 81455.