Scope of Customer Protect Program
Eligible and valid disputes will be compensated based on the following:
- For Fully Verified users, total amount of compensation shall be the actual amount of the Unauthorized Transaction reported, but in no case shall exceed Php100,000.00.
- For Basic users, total amount of compensation shall be the actual amount of the Unauthorized Transaction reported, but in no case shall not exceed Php2,000.00.
Items NOT covered by Customer Protect
- Unauthorized transactions that have been reported for a period exceeding fifteen (15) days from the date of the transaction.
- Swindling cases wherein the GCash transaction was genuinely initiated by the user, but the promised good/service was not delivered by their merchant. Preventive measures, however, will be taken by GCash to ensure that the party initiating or assisting the fraudulent act will be barred from using GCash services.
- Channel Fraud wherein the point of compromise is not via the GCash platform (App or MasterCard).
- Users who did not comply with the identity verification process and other required documents.
- Where intention of fraud or gross negligence is found.