After applying and receiving your card or upon purchasing it off the shelves, you have to link it to your GCash account to enjoy the full benefits of GCash MasterCard.
Linking via GCash App
1. Log in to your GCash account then tap on Profile at the bottom right of your screen.
2. Tap on My Linked Accounts > GCash Mastercard
3. At the upper right of the screen, tap Link Card.
4. Enter your 16-digit GCash MasterCard number then tap Link Card.
Linking via *143#
Step 1. Dial *143# in your phone's dialler
Step 2. Select GCash
Step 3. Select GCash Card
Step 4. Select "Activate Card"
Step 5. Enter your GCash MPIN
Step 6. Enter the 16 digit number located at the front of your GCash MasterCard.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the features of GCash Mastercard?
- Virtual Account Number (VAN) - cardholders will be assigned their exclusive 12 digit Virtual Account Number as an added security feature
- Card PIN - cardholders will soon be able to nominate a 6 digit card pin for their cards that is different from their GCash 4 digit MPIN
- For carriers of old cards who were able to link their GCash Mastercard before April 24, 2021, their VAN will automatically be assigned to their GCash Mastercard viewable via the "My Linked Account > GCash Mastercard" within the GCash app
- For carriers of new cards, the VAN can be found at the back of the card. Cardholders will still have to link their GCash Mastercard before April 24, 2021
- For carriers of old or new cards who failed to link it to their GCash account by April 24, 2021, their cards will no longer be valid
- This will be part of the steps when linking our GCash Mastercard after April 24, 2021
- For those with existing card and were able to link it before April 24, 2021, they will also be prompted to nominate a 6 digit card pin
- Watch out for further announcements on this
- No cards shall be replaced during enhancements
- All new features will be applied seamlessly within our GCash app
- Non GCash app users will also be able to enjoy the new features with the support of IVR via 2882
- Yes! One of the upcoming feature is our ability to deactivate linked cards through IVR or GCash App without relying on agent intervention
- This will happen once we have completed the enhancement estimated around April 24, 2021