You may have received this advisory through SMS: "ADVISORY: We are upgrading our GCash Card System! If you have purchased a GCash Mastercard, please ensure that the card has been linked to your GCash account by April 24, 2021 to be able to activate and use the card. To link, simply go to your profile in the GCash app, click on My Linked Accounts, select Mastercard, and follow the instructions. Any unlinked card after the said date can no longer be used."
After applying and receiving your card or upon purchasing it off the shelves, you have to link it to your GCash account to enjoy the full benefits of Mastercard!
Linking via GCash App
Step 1. Open the burger menu from the dashboard screen
Step 2. tap on "My Linked Accounts"
Step 3. tap on 'GCash Mastercard'
Step 4. At the upper right of the page, tap 'Link Card'
Step 5. Enter your 16-digit GCash MasterCard number and then tap 'Link Card'
Linking via *143#
Step 1. Dial *143# in your phone's dialler
Step 2. Select GCash
Step 3. Select GCash Card
Step 4. Select "Activate Card"
Step 5. Enter your GCash MPIN
Step 6. Enter the 16 digit number located at the front of your GCash MasterCard
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the upcoming features of GCash Mastercard?
- Virtual Account Number (VAN) - cardholders will be assigned their exclusive 12 digit Virtual Account Number as an added security feature
- Card PIN - cardholders will soon be able to nominate a 6 digit card pin for their cards that is different from their GCash 4 digit MPIN
- How will I get my Virtual Account Number (VAN)?
- For carriers of old cards who were able to link their GCash Mastercard before April 24, 2021, their VAN will automatically be assigned to their GCash Mastercard viewable via the "My Linked Account > GCash Mastercard" within the GCash app
- For carriers of new cards, the VAN can be found at the back of the card. Cardholders will still have to link their GCash Mastercard before April 24, 2021
- For carriers of old or new cards who failed to link it to their GCash account by April 24, 2021, their cards will no longer be valid
- How do I nominate my 6 digit Card PIN?
- This will be part of the steps when linking our GCash Mastercard after April 24, 2021
- For those with existing card and were able to link it before April 24, 2021, they will also be prompted to nominate a 6 digit card pin
- Watch out for further announcements on this
- Will my existing card be replaced?
- No cards shall be replaced during enhancements
- All new features will be applied seamlessly within our GCash app
- Non GCash app users will also be able to enjoy the new features with the support of IVR via 2882
- Will I be able to unlink or deactivate my card by myself soon?
- Yes! One of the upcoming feature is our ability to deactivate linked cards through IVR or GCash App without relying on agent intervention
- This will happen once we have completed the enhancement estimated around April 24, 2021