GCash Card Protect is an insurance product covering the physical card for GCash Visa Cards purchased via the GCash app.
This is an automatic inclusion for all cards purchased via GCash app. Upon card activation, the cardholder will be covered for 30 calendar days.
GCash Card Protect is not transferable and not refundable. In case of loss of your GCash VISA Card and it is reported lost and blocked or terminated, the current coverage is terminated along with the GCash VISA Card and may not be carried over to any subsequent card you order and activate.
Coverage of Card Protect
Note: GCash and GCash Jr. account holders who purchase and activate their GCash VISA Cards are entitled to one (1) month FREE Card Protect coverage.
GCash Card Protect provides GCash and GCash, Jr. account holders who purchase and activate their GCash VISA Card protection from Unauthorized Transactions.
In case of this incident, the customer is reimbursed PHP 10,000 per occurrence or incident, and up to PHP 20,000 aggregate limit if their GCash Card is used by unauthorized third parties, including fraudulent/unauthorized pay-to-tap transactions and excluding transactions that did not require MPIN or OTP.
With GCash Card Protect, an additional layer of protection is provided to users which includes coverage for lost cards of PHP 185 for card replacement and up to PHP 225 for card replacement delivery fee.
|Cyber Incident No.||Date of Loss||Result of Investigation||Unauthorized Transaction Amount||W/in occurrence limit||W/in aggregate limit||Claim amount paid to customer|
|1||Jan 1||Valid – card was stolen and used for pay-to-tap||5,000||Yes||Yes||5,000|
|2||Jan 15||Valid – card was used by someone else and OTP went through||12,000||No||Yes||10,000|
|3||Jan 20||Valid – card was used in online shopping||7,000||Yes||No – total claims now at 24,000||5,000|
|Total Amount of Unauthorized Transactions||24,000|
|Total Amount Covered (Aggregate Limit)||20,000|
Exclusion from Coverage
- Abnormal Conditions/ State of Emergency / Mass Cyber-Attack
- Business Activities - any loss based upon, arising from or as a consequence of any activities carried out by the Insured for trade, business or professional purposes, including any loss connected to an account with a financial institution that is used for trade, business or professional purposes.
- Confidence Scams - any loss based upon, arising from or as consequence of a confidence trick involving feigned intentions towards the Insured, such as romantic intentions, investments, contracts, loans and the like, gaining the Insured’s confidence or affections, and then using that goodwill to commit fraud.
- Currency - any loss involving unregulated digital currency of any kind, unregulated virtual currency of any kind or unregulated cryptocurrency of any kind.
- Dishonest Acts
- Indirect or Consequential Loss
- Infrastructure Failure - any loss based upon, arising from or as consequence of any outage in or disruption of electrical power or telecommunications services operated by a third-party service provider.
- Lost or Stolen Plastic Cards unless specifically covered
- Nuclear Risks
- Prior Matters - any loss based upon, arising from or as a consequence of any fact, circumstance, act, threat or event which the Insured was aware of prior to the inception date of this policy.
- Property Damage
- Voluntary Disclosure - any loss based upon, arising from or as a consequence of voluntary disclosure by the Insured of any code or other security information to someone who subsequently commits or colludes with the Insured in an identity theft, cyber event, non-delivery, accidental damage or theft.
- War, Invasion and Civil Commotion
- Wear and Tear
- Police Report - any loss based upon, arising out of or a consequence of non-reporting of the identity theft, cyber event, or theft to the police and/or the Insured do not have a police reference number.
- Corporate Cyber Liability Exclusion - any losses related to corporate cyber liability or arising from a commercial cyber-attack and any losses where a legal corporate entity of any sort is the subject of a cyber-attack. Legal corporate entities here are in reference to but not limited to NGOs or any registered or unregistered business entity.
- Infectious / Communicable Disease Exclusion
Note: You cannot purchase Card Protect on behalf of someone else. The Insured will be the GCash account owner who the physical GCash VISA Card purchased via the GCash App
You can avail of GCash Card Protect if you are:
- A Fully Verified GCash user
- An account holder with a linked GCash card to your GCash registered mobile number
Enroll Card Protect
Note: As each customer is allowed to have a maximum of three (3) GCash VISA Cards, the same customer is also entitled to a maximum of three (3) GCash Card Protect policies, one (1) Card Protect per GCash VISA Card.
A customer who activates a GCash VISA Card will automatically be entitled to a non-cancellable one (1) month FREE GCash Card Protect.
A Confirmation of Insurance Cover (CoC) will be sent to your GCash registered/verified email address within 7 business days.
Renewal for Card Protect Plan via GInsure in the GCash app is coming soon!
Claims and Cancellation
File a Claim for Card Protect
To report cyber incidents, unauthorized card transactions, accidental loss, or damage to your GCash card, please submit a ticket via the GCash Help Center.
To file a claim for Card Protect prepare the following documents:
|For Card Replacement/Delivery Cost||For Unauthorized Charges|
For further assistance, you may additionally contact BPI MS Personal Cyber Customer Hotline at 8840-9444 or visit https://bpims.mycybercentre.com/en/ for more information.
Please have your GCash Ticket Number ready. For any claim concerns or cyber event, call Cyber Scout at 8840 9444.
In the event of unauthorized card transactions, accidental loss, or damage to your GCash card, kindly file a support ticket through the GCash Help Center or reach out to 2882.
Cancel your Card Protect
Cancellation of this policy by the user is not entitled to any refund. GCash and BPI MS reserves the right to cancel your coverage by giving you at least seven (7) days prior notice in writing to the address on file, and in accordance with the law. The reasons for cancellation and schedule for the return of premiums are provided in the CoC and/or the policy terms and conditions.
If you have additional questions, you may contact Bank of the Philippine Islands-MS (BPI-MS) via BPIMS_Non-Motor_Claims@bpi.com.ph
To learn more about GCash Card Protect, view their Terms & Conditions.