GGives Sakto Loan is a beginner-friendly loan that you can use to directly pay online, physical and GLife stores for any purchase/s.
With GGives Sakto Loans, you can buy what you need today and pay for it after 14 or 30 days. It can be used in over 110,000+ partner stores and branches nationwide. Stores must be able to accept GGives so you can shop with GGives Sakto Loans.
Keep using on GGives Sakto Loan and the regular GGives offer may become available to you!
|Product Overview||Buy now from partner merchants and pay in up to 24 months installments||Buy now and pay later in 14 or 30 days|
|How to Access||Tap Borrow > GGives on the GCash App|
|Loan Amount||PHP 1,000 - PHP 125, 000||PHP 300 - PHP 1,000|
3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, or 24 mos
14 days or 30 days
(one-time payment only)
0% - 5.49% per month
*depending on your eligibility and selected payment term
|Processing Fee||PHP 0||PHP 32.5 - PHP 150|
|Min Spend||PHP 1,000||PHP 300|
Multiple re-availment of loans is available
*subject to eligibility, check your dashboard for your allowable total loans count
|Penalty Fees||1% of your loan amount for every missed due date + 0.15% of outstanding balance * number of days past due date|
Your eligibility for GGives Sakto Loans may change from time to time and you may also be upgraded to a regular GGives offer so be sure to check your GGives dashboard.
- You must be 21 - 65 years old
- You must be a Filipino citizen
- Your GCash profile is Fully Verified
- You have a good credit record and did not commit any fraudulent transactions
- You maintain a good GScore
If GLoan Sakto is unavailable to you, it may be due to the following reasons:
- You do not meet GGives minimum eligibility requirements
- Your GCash app is not updated to the latest version
- You already qualify for the regular GGives offer
- You already have an existing GGives loan from other GCash accounts under your name
GGives Sakto Loans will charge a one-time processing fee per transaction which you will need to pay on top of your loan amount on your stated due date.
No deductions will be made from your GCash account or your loan amount on the date that you transact with GGives Sakto Loans. You may view your disclosure statement or payment receipt on the GCash app to see the processing fee amount.
Note: When choosing to pay with GGives Sakto Loans, be sure to take note of your maximum credit limit , your required minimum spend and your loan count limit (if any) . Visit My GGives Sakto Dashboard to know more.
Select which transaction type applies to you:
You may keep using GGives Sakto Loans as a payment method as long as you have an available credit limit and available loan count. Check GGives Sakto Dashboard to view your credit limit and available loan count.
If you have maxed out either your credit limit or loan count limit, you may close or pay off an existing GGives Sakto loan account to pay with GGives Sakto loans again.
Learn more about your disclosure statement.
Payments through the GCash wallet will be debited realtime, and posting of payments will be reflected within 24 hours while payments made through offline channels will be posted 1 business day after the payment was made.
Learn more if you missed your due date.
Note: A late payment fee of 1% of your total loan amount will be charged 1 day after your due date. An additional variable late payment fee of 0.15% of your daily outstanding principal balance will be applied to your account every unpaid day from your due date.
To request for a refund and loan cancellation, you must take into account the following things:
- The merchant's refund or cancellation policy must allow you to return or refund the item/s you purchased.
- Refund or cancellation request must be initiated with the merchant before any due dates for your GGives Sakto loan.
- The GGives Sakto loan you wish to cancel must not have any recorded repayments. The full balance must remain unpaid during the time of request.
- You have to coordinate with the partner merchant you bought from regarding your refund/payment cancellation request. Once everything is settled with the merchant, you can tell them to contact GCash via the dedicated support channels given to them.